CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Stupid Gall Bladder

SERIOUSLY - Didn't I say ENOUGH bad news for me and my family? ;-) Well, I had an emergency surgery on Monday night to remove my gall bladder which was FULL of stones. It was gross. I was going to post pictures of the surgery that I made the surgeon take but I thought it might gross some people out. I was in the emergency room in Lansing on Saturday night - we were visiting my sister. Marianne took me to the ER at 11:30 AM and after they gave me morphine - we had a blast hitting on the hot male nurse - we called him Nurse McDreamy. He loved it. They released me at 5:00 AM and Sunday we drove back to GR. Monday the pain got worse and I headed for the ER at Spectrum again. Anyway, now that I have five scars on my stomach - one from the c-sections and four from this surgery - my bikini days are gone (not that it would have been a pretty sight before). The surgery went fine and recovery is going slowly but surely. Anyway, thank you for the phone calls and thoughts. Sorry I haven't answered all the calls but most of the time I'm hopped up on pain medication and our conversations would be pretty funny. Who knew you could live without a gall bladder? ;-)

2 comments:

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Geeeesh!! When it rains it POURS!! Hope you are feeling better dear.

Carlson's said...

Sorry about all the bad news, hope you are feeling better! Enjoy the 10 year, Sean will be there but I am staying home seeing how it is a few days after the c-section. :)